I got to work on a lot of great stuff in 2014!
Here are some highlights:
- Mixed the new the White Sails sails album, "Memory and Desire" - a fantastic psych rock band from Seattle/San Francisco.
"Guido Anselmi's prolific tribal psych project Kingdom of the Holy Sun gets better with every release, and their latest E.P has the songs, arrangements and production to match any major label release head on." - The Active Listener
- Finally got to work with old friends Minipop on their fantastic dreampop E.P. "Chances", producing, recording, mixing, mastering and playing several instruments.
More fun with old friends, this time the band Yves, producing, recording, mixing and playing on their dreamy, indie, jazz influenced debut album, "The Sound of Yves", led by the amazing vocalist Susie Phillipsen,
MIxed the debut record "Beautiful Child", from Lucius. Great songs with a singer/songwriter, indie, soul, and R&B vibe.
Recorded and mixed two songs from Lesli Wood's great new pop/rock project, Skates!
Good friends The Transmissionary Six returned with a live in the studio collection of new versions of some of their classic, haunting songs that I got to play on and mix called "The Westlake Sessions".
Once again, I had a great time working with Greg Dember, this time on his chamber-pop take of a few songs from "Beck's Songreader".
Recorded, produced, mixed and mastered the first record for "Each & All". Great people making beautiful, heartfelt music.
- My friend, the very talented Daniel G Harmann, hooked me up with Ron Scalzo to work on three tracks for his Q*Ball project. A super spontaneous session full of drop-in guest musicians and lot's of creativity led to the three tracks - "I'm Really Super", "Good For You", and "Parker" for his album, "The Last Q*Ball Album".
- Had a blast getting to work with Rhett Miller of the Old 97's on a short song for an upcoming Levi's advertisement.
- Excited to have recorded the basic tracks for Chris Brokaw (Codine, The New Year, Thurston Moore) and Geoff Farina's (Karate) new collaboration of pre-WWII blues and folk songs.
- And lastly one of the highlights of the year was sitting in with Snowblind Traveller on lap steel for a live video recording, expertly recorded and mixed by Chris Matthew Jr.